1. I made another game with my new Cameo!! The kids had a blast playing this one… made with heart boxes and gems from the Dollar Tree. Thanks for the idea, Kelly!
2. Our cafeteria manager told me we are having a “milk mustache” picture contest at school. I immediately thought of an idea I had pinned last February from Abby! Only thing we did differently was each kiddo colored their mustache to match their favorite flavor–chocolate, strawberry, or regular! This made the perfect Valentine for our families.
3. On Valentine’s Day, we also sorted conversation hearts by color and graphed the number of hearts for each color (thanks, Jennifer!). We also graphed the number of letters–great challenge for my kiddos! (please tell me if this is yours!)
4. It’s always fun sharing our Valentine containers… and, of course, delivering valentines!
5. We rounded out a fun week with our 100 days celebration. Here’s my assistant and I after a jam-packed day (yes, that’s 100 buttons I glued onto my shirt!). PS Hop over to Blog Hoppin’ to see how we spent our day!
Those heart gems are the bomb!! I hope They still have them! Now I need a cameo too….sigh!
Thanks for the great idea!
Teacher bits and bobs
Kerri, I got mine through Donors Choose! It was actually 1/2 funded by NEA foundation!!
I love your heart sight words game. I so need a Cameo…what a great idea to write a proposal on Donor's Choose!! I'm also loving your 100th day shirt. Cute!!
Happy Teacher Heaven
Thanks so much, Amy!!
Karen, I just found your blog today. Your heart game is really inspiring! We've been doing addition, and I'm thinking of how I can incorporate addition with the boxes. I just put up a lot of cupcake freebies on my own blog. If you have time, stop by and let me know what you think!
Sharon Dudley, NBCT
Teaching with Sight
You're right, there are so many fun things you can do with those boxes!!